There are so many top things to do in El Cerrito, it is hard to get a perfect list. We have broken the list down into a number of categories including parks, biking, movies, dining and shopping.
Go to a Park
Great parks are one of the top things to do in El Cerrito. Here are some of our favorites.
- Bike down the Ohlone Greenway. It’s a great flat path for new bikers and scooters.
- Go up the hills to get a view of the entire bay area including Alcatraz and San Francisco.
See a Movie
If you haven’t experienced the Rialto Cerrito Theater yet, it’s totally worth a trip for your next movie. You can grab a pizza and a beer while sitting back in comfy chairs. There are 2 rotating movies every week, so check out the website for details.
Go Out to Eat
There are a lot of great restaurants in the El Cerrito area. This list includes restaurants in neighboring Albany, Richmond and Berkeley too. Here are our favorites:
- Fat Apples
- Nation’s Giant Hamburgers started here!
- El Mono – Fresh Flavors of Peru
- Elevation 66
- The Red Onion – Another great burger place
- The Junket – A hidden German restaurant in the Plaza
- Off the Grid – A food truck event every Wednesday night at San Pablo and Carlson
Do Some Shopping
One of the great opportunities in El Cerrito is the shopping as well as the shopping in nearby towns. This list is just a small set of some of our favorites.
- Jenny K’s
- El Cerrito Plaza